1. Speaking of Christ, the Bible says that there will be one LORD and only one name. – T/F
Zechariah 14:9 (NIV) The Lord will be king over the whole earth. On that day there will be one Lord, and his name the only name.
2. Jesus said to baptize in a singular name. – T/F
Matthew 28: 19 (NIV) Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name
3. That name is the name of the Father. – T/F
Matthew 28:19 (NIV) Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father
4. Jesus came in His Father’s name. – T/F
John 5:43 (NIV) I have come in my Father’s name
Hebrews 1:4 (NIV) The name he has inherited is superior
5. The singular name that we are to baptize in will be the name of the Father as well as the Son. – T/F
Matthew 28:19 (NIV) Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son
6. Jesus is the name of the Son. – T/F
Matthew 1:21 (NIV) She will give birth to a son, and you are to give him the name Jesus
7. The singular name that we are to baptize in will be the name of the Father and the Son, as well as the Holy Spirit. – T/F
Matthew 28:19 (NIV) Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit,
8. Jesus said that the Holy Spirit would come in His name. – T/F
John 14:26 (NIV) The Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name
9. Isaiah said that the son’s name would describe the Counselor (Spirit) and the Everlasting Father. – T/F
Isaiah 9:6 (NKJV) A Son is given;…and His name will be called Wonderful, Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.
10. Jesus said that we could baptize in the name because all authority in heaven and earth was given to Him. – T/F
Matthew 28:18-19 (NIV) Jesus came to them and said, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit,
11. Jesus, the name that He was given, has the authority over everything in heaven and earth. – T/F
Philippians 2:9-10 (NIV) Therefore God exalted him to the highest place and gave him the name that is above every name, that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth,
12. As evidenced by their actions, the disciples understood Jesus’s command as a commission to baptize by calling on the name of Jesus. – T/F
Acts 2:38 (NIV) “Repent and be baptized, every one of you, in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins.
Acts 8:12 (NIV) When they believed Philip as he proclaimed the good news of the kingdom of God and the name of Jesus Christ, they were baptized.
Acts 8:16 (NIV) They had simply been baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus.
Acts 10:48 (NIV) So he ordered that they be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ.
Acts 19:5 (NIV) They were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus.
Acts 22:16 (NIV) Be baptized and wash your sins away, calling on his name.
13. We must believe and be baptized to be saved. – T/F
Mark 16:16 (NIV) Whoever believes and is baptized will be saved.
14. Salvation is only in the name of Jesus. – T/F
Acts 4:12 (NIV) Salvation is found in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given to mankind by which we must be saved.”
15. Everyone, in accordance to Scripture, must be baptized in the name of Jesus. – T/F
Acts 2:37-38 (NIV) When the people heard this, they were cut to the heart and said to Peter and the other apostles, “Brothers, what shall we do?” Peter replied, “Repent and be baptized, every one of you, in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins
Check your answers: The answer to all of these questions is True. There is only one baptism and one name with the power to save. If you would like to be baptized in Jesus name, please contact me.
Colossians 2:9-12 (NKJV) For in Him dwells all the fullness of the Godhead bodily; 10 and you are complete in Him, who is the head of all principality and power. In Him you were also circumcised with the circumcision made without hands, by putting off the body of the sins of the flesh, by the circumcision of Christ, buried with Him in baptism, in which you also were raised with Him through faith in the working of God, who raised Him from the dead.
* For the sake of clarity, only the portions of the scriptures that were pertinent to the subject were posted.